- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
CHIP offers Healthy Beginnings sessions at area churches
An opportunity to “test drive” a Healthy Beginnings session, sponsored by the CHIP (Coronary Health Improvement Project), will be offered to the community free of charge by several local churches offering to host the sessions at their locations.
The Healthy Beginnings series is targeted for adults who wish to learn more about the power of lifestyle change for the prevention, arrest and reversal of the most prevalent Western diseases affecting our population, including heart disease, high cholesterol, diabetes and high blood pressure.
Select from the following dates and locations:
• Thursday, July 21, 6:30-8 p.m. — Emmanuel Lutheran Church, 920 Third Ave. RSVP to (815) 963-4815.
• Wednesday, Aug. 3, 6:30-8 p.m. — St. Paul Lutheran Church, 600 N. Horsman. RSVP to (815) 963-5435.
• Sunday, Aug. 14, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. — Court Street United Methodist, 215 N. Court St. RSVP to (815) 962-6061.
• Sunday, Sept. 4, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. — First Presbyterian Church, 406 N. Main St. RSVP to (815) 968-0478.
• Wednesday, Sept. 7, 6-7:30 p.m. — Emmanuel Episcopal Church, 412 N. Church St. RSVP to (815) 964-5514.
CHIP Alumni of Rock River Valley is a non-profit organization that supports, mentors and promotes community health using the Coronary Health Improvement Project 30-day program, information and guidelines. Visit www.chipalumnirockford.org or www.CHIPhealth.com.