- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
CHIP offers Healthy Beginnings sessions at area churches
An opportunity to “test drive” a Healthy Beginnings session, sponsored by the CHIP (Coronary Health Improvement Project), will be offered to the community free of charge by several local churches offering to host the sessions at their locations.
The Healthy Beginnings series is targeted for adults who wish to learn more about the power of lifestyle change for the prevention, arrest and reversal of the most prevalent Western diseases affecting our population, including heart disease, high cholesterol, diabetes and high blood pressure.
Select from the following dates and locations:
• Thursday, July 21, 6:30-8 p.m. — Emmanuel Lutheran Church, 920 Third Ave. RSVP to (815) 963-4815.
• Wednesday, Aug. 3, 6:30-8 p.m. — St. Paul Lutheran Church, 600 N. Horsman. RSVP to (815) 963-5435.
• Sunday, Aug. 14, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. — Court Street United Methodist, 215 N. Court St. RSVP to (815) 962-6061.
• Sunday, Sept. 4, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. — First Presbyterian Church, 406 N. Main St. RSVP to (815) 968-0478.
• Wednesday, Sept. 7, 6-7:30 p.m. — Emmanuel Episcopal Church, 412 N. Church St. RSVP to (815) 964-5514.
CHIP Alumni of Rock River Valley is a non-profit organization that supports, mentors and promotes community health using the Coronary Health Improvement Project 30-day program, information and guidelines. Visit www.chipalumnirockford.org or www.CHIPhealth.com.