- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
Ernie Hendrickson & Friends at Sinnissippi Park July 23
Next in the 13th Annual Sinnissippi Summer Series hosted by Charlotte’s Web for the Performing Arts is Ernie Hendrickson & Friends. See them at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, July 23, at the Sinnissippi Park Music Shell, 1401 N. Second St., Rockford.
Ernie Hendrickson has been crafting songs straight from the heart of Middle America with a songwriting style that’s as natural as a summer breeze, venturing into the realm of acoustic blues, bluegrass, folk and pop with a seamless transition. Having spent years creating an identity in Chicago’s aggressive music scene, Hendrickson has found his place among the finest national singer-songwriters. With a never-ending dedication to his muse, this is one artist to watch.
Born and raised in the Midwest, Hendrickson grew up on a steady diet of Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Cat Stevens and Jerry Garcia. These early heroes opened the gates to the deep well of American roots music from which he continues to draw inspiration.
And when Ernie takes the stage in Rockford, we know that “and Friends” means an all-star line-up!
Charlotte’s Web sends a great big thank you to the Rockford Park District for making the Charlotte’s Web Summer Series at Sinnissippi possible, free at the Music Shell. Rain site is Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center, 415 N. Church St. Call (815) 987-8800 after 2:30 p.m. the day of the concert for rain site info. All concerts begin at 7:30 p.m., and all are FREE! Picnic baskets are welcome, although no alcohol is permitted.
The Rockford Park District welcomes the opportunity to assist guests with special needs. The Music Shell is wheelchair accessible. An assistive listening system is available for those who are hard of hearing. For special assistance, call (815) 987-1600 (voice/TTY) at least 48 hours in advance.
For more information, call (815) 964-2238 or visit www.CharlottesWebofRockford.org.
From the July 20-26, 2011 issue