- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
Klehm goes to Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park
Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden has planned a two-day bus trip to Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park and Windmill Island Gardens, both in Michigan. Both Klehm members and the general public are invited to participate in this outdoor adventure, so make your reservations now.
The bus will depart from Klehm Arboretum, 2715 S. Main St., Rockford, at 8 a.m., Wednesday, Sept. 21, and is scheduled to return to Klehm at approximately 5 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 22.
On day one, travelers will tour the Windmill Island Gardens in Holland, Mich. Explore 36 acres of manicured gardens and the only authentic Dutch windmill operating in the U.S. Dinner and overnight stay will be in Grand Rapids, Mich., at The Country Inn & Suites.
Day two, visit Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park in Grand Rapids. Explore outdoor gardens, a tropical conservatory, children’s garden and the world-class Sculpture Park.
Price includes motor coach transportation from Klehm Arboretum, lodging, breakfast, garden admissions, tram ride at Meijer Gardens, and snacks and drinks en route. Lunches and Wednesday evening dinner are on your own. Free secure parking is provided at Klehm Arboretum.
Prices are: Single/1 king bed: Member: $275/person; public, $295/person. Double/1 king or 2 queen beds: Member: $225/person; public, $245/person. Triple/2 queen beds: Member: $175/person, public, $195/person. Quad/2 queen beds: Member: $125/person, public, $145/person.
Registration deadline is Aug. 19. To register, visit klehm.org or call (815) 965-8146.
From the July 20-26, 2011 issue