- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Klehm goes to Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park
Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden has planned a two-day bus trip to Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park and Windmill Island Gardens, both in Michigan. Both Klehm members and the general public are invited to participate in this outdoor adventure, so make your reservations now.
The bus will depart from Klehm Arboretum, 2715 S. Main St., Rockford, at 8 a.m., Wednesday, Sept. 21, and is scheduled to return to Klehm at approximately 5 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 22.
On day one, travelers will tour the Windmill Island Gardens in Holland, Mich. Explore 36 acres of manicured gardens and the only authentic Dutch windmill operating in the U.S. Dinner and overnight stay will be in Grand Rapids, Mich., at The Country Inn & Suites.
Day two, visit Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park in Grand Rapids. Explore outdoor gardens, a tropical conservatory, children’s garden and the world-class Sculpture Park.
Price includes motor coach transportation from Klehm Arboretum, lodging, breakfast, garden admissions, tram ride at Meijer Gardens, and snacks and drinks en route. Lunches and Wednesday evening dinner are on your own. Free secure parking is provided at Klehm Arboretum.
Prices are: Single/1 king bed: Member: $275/person; public, $295/person. Double/1 king or 2 queen beds: Member: $225/person; public, $245/person. Triple/2 queen beds: Member: $175/person, public, $195/person. Quad/2 queen beds: Member: $125/person, public, $145/person.
Registration deadline is Aug. 19. To register, visit klehm.org or call (815) 965-8146.
From the July 20-26, 2011 issue