- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Local attorney receives statewide recognition
Attorney Brian Hart has been awarded the John C. McAndrews Pro Bono Service Award. The Illinois State Bar Association is the largest voluntary bar association in the state with more than 30,000 members. Attorney Hart was awarded the John C. McAndrews Pro Bono Award in the individual category. He not only handled many cases personally, he also provided training to the staff lawyers at Prairie State Legal Services, allowing them to begin providing bankruptcy assistance in house. Attorney Hart continues to help with questions from the Prairie State staff lawyers and by taking overflow cases. He is the first individual recipient of this award.
From the July 20-26, 2011 issue