- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Local attorney receives statewide recognition
Attorney Brian Hart has been awarded the John C. McAndrews Pro Bono Service Award. The Illinois State Bar Association is the largest voluntary bar association in the state with more than 30,000 members. Attorney Hart was awarded the John C. McAndrews Pro Bono Award in the individual category. He not only handled many cases personally, he also provided training to the staff lawyers at Prairie State Legal Services, allowing them to begin providing bankruptcy assistance in house. Attorney Hart continues to help with questions from the Prairie State staff lawyers and by taking overflow cases. He is the first individual recipient of this award.
From the July 20-26, 2011 issue