- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Local attorney receives statewide recognition
Attorney Brian Hart has been awarded the John C. McAndrews Pro Bono Service Award. The Illinois State Bar Association is the largest voluntary bar association in the state with more than 30,000 members. Attorney Hart was awarded the John C. McAndrews Pro Bono Award in the individual category. He not only handled many cases personally, he also provided training to the staff lawyers at Prairie State Legal Services, allowing them to begin providing bankruptcy assistance in house. Attorney Hart continues to help with questions from the Prairie State staff lawyers and by taking overflow cases. He is the first individual recipient of this award.
From the July 20-26, 2011 issue