- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
- Parks and recreation vital to a stronger Illinois, report shows
- Illinois home sales see slight gain in October
- Rockford Rescue Mission on the front lines of battling war on homelessness
- Rockford Area Economic Development Council’s annual meeting highlights tech revolution
- NIU’s Dan Gebo named ‘Illinois Professor of the Year’
- ‘Botanicas de la Villita’ filmmakers featured in free lecture at Rockford Art Museum tonight
Golf: RAMP Bad Pants Open golf scramble Aug. 4
RAMP will hold its second annual Bad Pants Open nine-hole golf scramble Thursday, Aug. 4, at Timber Pointe Golf Course, 5750 Woodstock Road, Poplar Grove.
Registration is at 2 p.m., shotgun start at 3 p.m., with dinner provided by Famous Dave’s, silent auction and a band to follow.
Collared shirts are required and bad pants are recommended — individual and team prizes will be awarded for best bad pants.
Event will include contest holes, drink-tasting holes and a chair massage hole.
Contact RAMP Development Director Amy Morris at (815) 968-7467 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
RAMP is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) that is a passionate partner for people with disabilities desiring to live a useful and rewarding life.
From the July 20-26, 2011 issue