- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Aug. 4 deadline for State of the Arts Award nominations
Rockford Area Arts Council urges the public to consider honoring an arts advocate, business or individual artist by nominating them for a 2011 State of the Arts Award. Nomination deadline is Aug. 4.
Nominees will be evaluated on the basis of the breadth and depth of their work.
The Lawrence E. Gloyd Community Impact Award will honor an advocate whose efforts in advocacy, support and/or volunteerism in the arts have generated a significant positive impact on the community over a period of time.
A business will be honored that recognizes the importance of the arts through financial or in-kind support, use of the arts in the workplace, and/or encouragement of employees to volunteer for the arts, or a business that otherwise serves as an advocate for the arts.
An individual artist, whose achievements and commitment to the arts have generated a significant and positive impact on the community over a period of time, will also be honored.
Nomination forms are available at the Arts Council office, 713 E. State St., or may be downloaded at www.artsforeveryone.com.
Awards will be presented at the 2011 State of the Arts Awards from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 5, at Cliffbreakers, 700 W. Riverside Blvd., Rockford. Cost is $40 for Arts Council members and $45 for non-members.
Call the Arts Council at (815) 963-6765 for reservations or more information.