- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
Aug. 4 deadline for State of the Arts Award nominations
Rockford Area Arts Council urges the public to consider honoring an arts advocate, business or individual artist by nominating them for a 2011 State of the Arts Award. Nomination deadline is Aug. 4.
Nominees will be evaluated on the basis of the breadth and depth of their work.
The Lawrence E. Gloyd Community Impact Award will honor an advocate whose efforts in advocacy, support and/or volunteerism in the arts have generated a significant positive impact on the community over a period of time.
A business will be honored that recognizes the importance of the arts through financial or in-kind support, use of the arts in the workplace, and/or encouragement of employees to volunteer for the arts, or a business that otherwise serves as an advocate for the arts.
An individual artist, whose achievements and commitment to the arts have generated a significant and positive impact on the community over a period of time, will also be honored.
Nomination forms are available at the Arts Council office, 713 E. State St., or may be downloaded at www.artsforeveryone.com.
Awards will be presented at the 2011 State of the Arts Awards from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 5, at Cliffbreakers, 700 W. Riverside Blvd., Rockford. Cost is $40 for Arts Council members and $45 for non-members.
Call the Arts Council at (815) 963-6765 for reservations or more information.