- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Aug. 4 deadline for State of the Arts Award nominations
Rockford Area Arts Council urges the public to consider honoring an arts advocate, business or individual artist by nominating them for a 2011 State of the Arts Award. Nomination deadline is Aug. 4.
Nominees will be evaluated on the basis of the breadth and depth of their work.
The Lawrence E. Gloyd Community Impact Award will honor an advocate whose efforts in advocacy, support and/or volunteerism in the arts have generated a significant positive impact on the community over a period of time.
A business will be honored that recognizes the importance of the arts through financial or in-kind support, use of the arts in the workplace, and/or encouragement of employees to volunteer for the arts, or a business that otherwise serves as an advocate for the arts.
An individual artist, whose achievements and commitment to the arts have generated a significant and positive impact on the community over a period of time, will also be honored.
Nomination forms are available at the Arts Council office, 713 E. State St., or may be downloaded at www.artsforeveryone.com.
Awards will be presented at the 2011 State of the Arts Awards from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 5, at Cliffbreakers, 700 W. Riverside Blvd., Rockford. Cost is $40 for Arts Council members and $45 for non-members.
Call the Arts Council at (815) 963-6765 for reservations or more information.