- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Bean bag tourney for Rock House Kids
Rock Valley College H.O.P.E. (Helping Other People Everyday) Club will host a bean bag tournament fund-raiser to benefit Rock House Kids. The tournament will begin at 11 a.m., Saturday, July 30, at Aberdeen Park (1399 Orth Road, Caledonia, Ill.). Cost is $20 per team of two. Prizes, a raffle and additional games for kids will also be included. Those planning to attend should bring their own drinks (no alcohol permitted).
All proceeds will go to Rock House Kids. Founded in 1999, Rock House Kids is an outreach that cares for at-risk children in Rockford’s inner city. A growing number of at-risk children, ages 4-18, are in need of a safe, warm, nurturing environment. The Rock House takes kids on educational field trips, hosts purity classes, teaches manners, provides tutoring, instills preventive gang involvement, serves hot meals, and provides school supplies and backpacks.
Contact Noah Ulbert at (815) 299-4200 or email@example.com.