- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Bean bag tourney for Rock House Kids
Rock Valley College H.O.P.E. (Helping Other People Everyday) Club will host a bean bag tournament fund-raiser to benefit Rock House Kids. The tournament will begin at 11 a.m., Saturday, July 30, at Aberdeen Park (1399 Orth Road, Caledonia, Ill.). Cost is $20 per team of two. Prizes, a raffle and additional games for kids will also be included. Those planning to attend should bring their own drinks (no alcohol permitted).
All proceeds will go to Rock House Kids. Founded in 1999, Rock House Kids is an outreach that cares for at-risk children in Rockford’s inner city. A growing number of at-risk children, ages 4-18, are in need of a safe, warm, nurturing environment. The Rock House takes kids on educational field trips, hosts purity classes, teaches manners, provides tutoring, instills preventive gang involvement, serves hot meals, and provides school supplies and backpacks.
Contact Noah Ulbert at (815) 299-4200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.