- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
Bean bag tourney for Rock House Kids
Rock Valley College H.O.P.E. (Helping Other People Everyday) Club will host a bean bag tournament fund-raiser to benefit Rock House Kids. The tournament will begin at 11 a.m., Saturday, July 30, at Aberdeen Park (1399 Orth Road, Caledonia, Ill.). Cost is $20 per team of two. Prizes, a raffle and additional games for kids will also be included. Those planning to attend should bring their own drinks (no alcohol permitted).
All proceeds will go to Rock House Kids. Founded in 1999, Rock House Kids is an outreach that cares for at-risk children in Rockford’s inner city. A growing number of at-risk children, ages 4-18, are in need of a safe, warm, nurturing environment. The Rock House takes kids on educational field trips, hosts purity classes, teaches manners, provides tutoring, instills preventive gang involvement, serves hot meals, and provides school supplies and backpacks.
Contact Noah Ulbert at (815) 299-4200 or email@example.com.