- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Bean bag tourney for Rock House Kids
Rock Valley College H.O.P.E. (Helping Other People Everyday) Club will host a bean bag tournament fund-raiser to benefit Rock House Kids. The tournament will begin at 11 a.m., Saturday, July 30, at Aberdeen Park (1399 Orth Road, Caledonia, Ill.). Cost is $20 per team of two. Prizes, a raffle and additional games for kids will also be included. Those planning to attend should bring their own drinks (no alcohol permitted).
All proceeds will go to Rock House Kids. Founded in 1999, Rock House Kids is an outreach that cares for at-risk children in Rockford’s inner city. A growing number of at-risk children, ages 4-18, are in need of a safe, warm, nurturing environment. The Rock House takes kids on educational field trips, hosts purity classes, teaches manners, provides tutoring, instills preventive gang involvement, serves hot meals, and provides school supplies and backpacks.
Contact Noah Ulbert at (815) 299-4200 or email@example.com.