- 20-year sentence in 2013 homicide
- Parolee arrested after search warrant at RHA property
- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
Bean bag tourney for Rock House Kids
Rock Valley College H.O.P.E. (Helping Other People Everyday) Club will host a bean bag tournament fund-raiser to benefit Rock House Kids. The tournament will begin at 11 a.m., Saturday, July 30, at Aberdeen Park (1399 Orth Road, Caledonia, Ill.). Cost is $20 per team of two. Prizes, a raffle and additional games for kids will also be included. Those planning to attend should bring their own drinks (no alcohol permitted).
All proceeds will go to Rock House Kids. Founded in 1999, Rock House Kids is an outreach that cares for at-risk children in Rockford’s inner city. A growing number of at-risk children, ages 4-18, are in need of a safe, warm, nurturing environment. The Rock House takes kids on educational field trips, hosts purity classes, teaches manners, provides tutoring, instills preventive gang involvement, serves hot meals, and provides school supplies and backpacks.
Contact Noah Ulbert at (815) 299-4200 or email@example.com.