- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Fishing: July 29 deadline for kayak anglers tournament in Beloit, Wis.
Paddle and Trail will host professional kayak angler Drew Gregory’s 2011 River Bassin Tournament Trail Saturday, July 30, in Beloit, Wis. The event will feature some of the top kayak anglers from across the country.
Entry deadline is Friday, July 29, with a mandatory pre-tournament meeting at 7 p.m. at The Rock Bar and Grill, 101 Maple Ave., Beloit, Wis. The Rock Bar and Grill can be reached at (608) 363-7625.
Tournament check-in time is 4:30 p.m., Saturday, July 30, at Paddle and Trail, 110 W. Grand Ave., Beloit, Wis. Paddle and Trail can be reached at (608) 362-6521.
Registration fees range from $40 to $60 per person.
For more information about the tournament trail, its stops across the U.S., its sponsors, hosts, partners and causes, visit www.riverbassintrail.com.
Throughout the 12-stop tournament trail, more than $60,000 in prizes from numerous sponsors will be given away. The trail began in Charlotte, N.C., April 2, and is slated to finish Sept. 10 in Roanoke, Va. Roanoke will host the trail’s grand finale, where food, live music, a separate lake tournament and a film festival will take place along with awarding the River Bassin series champion.
The trail will also raise money for the ALS Foundation. The foundation is instrumental in assisting those with Lou Gehrig’s Disease, as well as searching for a cure to a disease that can affect anyone, of any race, age, gender or social class at any time.