- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Fishing: July 29 deadline for kayak anglers tournament in Beloit, Wis.
Paddle and Trail will host professional kayak angler Drew Gregory’s 2011 River Bassin Tournament Trail Saturday, July 30, in Beloit, Wis. The event will feature some of the top kayak anglers from across the country.
Entry deadline is Friday, July 29, with a mandatory pre-tournament meeting at 7 p.m. at The Rock Bar and Grill, 101 Maple Ave., Beloit, Wis. The Rock Bar and Grill can be reached at (608) 363-7625.
Tournament check-in time is 4:30 p.m., Saturday, July 30, at Paddle and Trail, 110 W. Grand Ave., Beloit, Wis. Paddle and Trail can be reached at (608) 362-6521.
Registration fees range from $40 to $60 per person.
For more information about the tournament trail, its stops across the U.S., its sponsors, hosts, partners and causes, visit www.riverbassintrail.com.
Throughout the 12-stop tournament trail, more than $60,000 in prizes from numerous sponsors will be given away. The trail began in Charlotte, N.C., April 2, and is slated to finish Sept. 10 in Roanoke, Va. Roanoke will host the trail’s grand finale, where food, live music, a separate lake tournament and a film festival will take place along with awarding the River Bassin series champion.
The trail will also raise money for the ALS Foundation. The foundation is instrumental in assisting those with Lou Gehrig’s Disease, as well as searching for a cure to a disease that can affect anyone, of any race, age, gender or social class at any time.