- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Rockford Health Physicians-Byron opens Aug. 1
Rockford Health Physicians-Byron, at 130 Kysor Drive, will see its first patients Aug. 1. The clinic will include basic imaging and lab services and a prescription vending machine to high-volume medications.
Karen Gellada, M.D., Family Practice Specialist, and Lucy Martin, F.P.N.P, will staff the clinic. Appointments are being accepted by calling (815) 971-3000.
Dr. Gellada served her residency at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria and completed her medical school at the University of Philippines.
Martin completed her master of science degree in Family Practice Nursing at Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, and earned her bachelor of science degree at East Carolina University, Greenville, N.C.
In addition to regular office hours from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Rockford Health Physicians is offering Convenient Care hours from 5 to 8 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday. No appointment is necessary. Cash, Visa/MasterCard and most major insurances are accepted.