- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Rockford Health Physicians-Byron opens Aug. 1
Rockford Health Physicians-Byron, at 130 Kysor Drive, will see its first patients Aug. 1. The clinic will include basic imaging and lab services and a prescription vending machine to high-volume medications.
Karen Gellada, M.D., Family Practice Specialist, and Lucy Martin, F.P.N.P, will staff the clinic. Appointments are being accepted by calling (815) 971-3000.
Dr. Gellada served her residency at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria and completed her medical school at the University of Philippines.
Martin completed her master of science degree in Family Practice Nursing at Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, and earned her bachelor of science degree at East Carolina University, Greenville, N.C.
In addition to regular office hours from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Rockford Health Physicians is offering Convenient Care hours from 5 to 8 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday. No appointment is necessary. Cash, Visa/MasterCard and most major insurances are accepted.