- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
Thanks to Pecatonica Fire Department
Thank you to the first responders of the Pecatonica Fire Department for assisting one of our patients in a time of crisis.
During the late night of July 19, as the heat intensity grew, the power went out in the home of one of our hospice patients. This situation was extremely serious because the patient’s oxygen tanks were reliant on electrical power. After talking with our nurse, the family took our suggestion and called the Pecatonica Fire Department, who responded immediately. Not only did they supply oxygen, they placed the patient in the air-conditioned ambulance until the medical equipment company could deliver replacement tanks and power was restored to the house.
The care provided to our patient by the Pecatonica Fire Department was above and beyond. We have said it many times, and we will say it again: This region is filled with amazing, generous people who do not hesitate for a moment at the opportunity to help their neighbors. When those in need ask for help, people respond.
Thank you again to the Pecatonica Fire Department for their quick and generous response. Working collaboratively, we were able to fulfill our goal of bringing comfort to our dying patients and their families.
Carol A. Bennett, Executive Director
Bobbi Leu, Clinical Care Director
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center, Rockford