- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
Thanks to Pecatonica Fire Department
Thank you to the first responders of the Pecatonica Fire Department for assisting one of our patients in a time of crisis.
During the late night of July 19, as the heat intensity grew, the power went out in the home of one of our hospice patients. This situation was extremely serious because the patient’s oxygen tanks were reliant on electrical power. After talking with our nurse, the family took our suggestion and called the Pecatonica Fire Department, who responded immediately. Not only did they supply oxygen, they placed the patient in the air-conditioned ambulance until the medical equipment company could deliver replacement tanks and power was restored to the house.
The care provided to our patient by the Pecatonica Fire Department was above and beyond. We have said it many times, and we will say it again: This region is filled with amazing, generous people who do not hesitate for a moment at the opportunity to help their neighbors. When those in need ask for help, people respond.
Thank you again to the Pecatonica Fire Department for their quick and generous response. Working collaboratively, we were able to fulfill our goal of bringing comfort to our dying patients and their families.
Carol A. Bennett, Executive Director
Bobbi Leu, Clinical Care Director
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center, Rockford