- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Thanks to Pecatonica Fire Department
Thank you to the first responders of the Pecatonica Fire Department for assisting one of our patients in a time of crisis.
During the late night of July 19, as the heat intensity grew, the power went out in the home of one of our hospice patients. This situation was extremely serious because the patient’s oxygen tanks were reliant on electrical power. After talking with our nurse, the family took our suggestion and called the Pecatonica Fire Department, who responded immediately. Not only did they supply oxygen, they placed the patient in the air-conditioned ambulance until the medical equipment company could deliver replacement tanks and power was restored to the house.
The care provided to our patient by the Pecatonica Fire Department was above and beyond. We have said it many times, and we will say it again: This region is filled with amazing, generous people who do not hesitate for a moment at the opportunity to help their neighbors. When those in need ask for help, people respond.
Thank you again to the Pecatonica Fire Department for their quick and generous response. Working collaboratively, we were able to fulfill our goal of bringing comfort to our dying patients and their families.
Carol A. Bennett, Executive Director
Bobbi Leu, Clinical Care Director
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center, Rockford