- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Timber Lake Playhouse stages ‘Children of Eden’
– Show runs July 28-Aug. 7 at theater in Mount Carroll, Ill.
MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Timber Lake Playhouse (TLP) presents the heartwarming musical adaption of the Book of Genesis, Children of Eden.
From the creators of Wicked and Les Miserables comes this unique and inspirational story about parents and children, the search for understanding and the challenges of growing up. Artistic Director James Beaudry directs and choreographs this very special production that runs July 28-Aug. 7.
Children of Eden uses the stories of Adam and Eve and Noah’s Ark as the starting point for the musical that resonates across time. The 34-member cast includes TLP favorite Brandon Ford as Father. TLP resident performers Patrick Connaghan and Erica Vlahinos, who have appeared in most of the season’s productions, are featured as Adam and Eve.
The rest of the cast includes TLP company members Tyler Sawyer Smith and Grant Drager as Cain and Abel; Aaron Conklin and Sophie Brown as Noah and Mama Noah; and Storytellers Kelsey Andres, Andrew Harth, Julia Mitchell, Alexandra E. Palkovic and Katie Wesler.
Rounding out the cast are 12 young performers from around the region: Alexis DawTyne (Milledgeville), Lauren Hackbarth (Chadwick), Samantha Butts (Rock Falls), Gentry Lessman (Shannon), Kallie Timmons (Lyndon), and Sterling residents Alyssa Noosbond, Shelly Saathoff , Bradley Schlegel, Britni Shaw, Colin Zollinger and Kallie Zuidema. Chadwick resident, Levi Skoog, will make a special appearance as the lead storyteller in this production.
Opening night of Children of Eden also kicks off sales for TLP’s 2012 season subscriptions. The lineup for the playhouse’s 51st season includes Guys and Dolls, Working — The Musical, Footloose, Boeing Boeing, Cabaret and Some Enchanted Evening: The Songs of Rodgers and Hammerstein. Subscriptions may be purchased at a discount of $100 until Sept. 4. New this year, patrons who purchase subscriptions may also make their reservations for next season. Also, with a purchase of a subscription, patrons will be entered into a drawing for an overnight stay at Timber Lake Resort.
For more about the 2012 season, visit www.timberlakeplayhouse.org, pick up a flier at a TLP production or contact the TLP Box Office at (815) 244-2035, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., daily.