- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Rockton hosts music and art festival benefiting local athletic fields July 30
Online Staff Report
A music and art festival with local bands will converge in downtown Rockton from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday, July 30, at Settler’s Park on East Hawick Street to “Rock 4 the Rockton Athletic Fields.” This is a fund-raising mission to aid in the continued development of ball diamonds, a football and soccer field as well as a skate park for communities from Rockford to the stateline.
Tickets are $5 before the event and $6 at the gate for the full day of music and the art show featuring many local artisans and crafters showcasing on the festival grounds. Tickets are on sale at Kelley Williamson locations in Roscoe, Rockton and Machesney Park, and online at ticketleap.com. Event wristbands allow re-entry.
This is an all-age, family event (no alcohol served) with music that will appeal to every taste and every genre. From ‘60s classics, ‘80s, country, folk, Christian and all the way to punk rock, Rockin 4 Rockton delivers a full day to enjoy the arts in the park! Bands performing will be: Escape, CRS, Griffin Phelps & Joe James Band, Daybreak 2011 Youth Charity Jam winners, Bloom, 7th Street Saints, Roscoe, The Sasparillas, Mariana and I Solemnly Swear.
Founded in 2010 through a joint effort among then-Hononegah High School student Travis Cazel, the Rockton Chamber of Commerce and the Village of Rockton, this event is in its second year and promises to be even bigger and better. Rockin’ 4 Rockton brought together local bands to organize, promote and produce this fund-raiser as a way to help the community and youth, benefitting not only the arts but the Rockton Athletic Fields, which are home for many sporting events and used for practice fields by area sports teams.
Sponsorships are available and greatly needed. All donations are tax-deductible through the Rockton Lions Club Charities, a 501(c)(3) organization, administrators of the Rockton Athletic Fields Fund. More information about sponsorships can be found at www.rockin4rockton.com. Also see facebook/twitter/youtube rockin4rockton.