- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Rockton hosts music and art festival benefiting local athletic fields July 30
Online Staff Report
A music and art festival with local bands will converge in downtown Rockton from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday, July 30, at Settler’s Park on East Hawick Street to “Rock 4 the Rockton Athletic Fields.” This is a fund-raising mission to aid in the continued development of ball diamonds, a football and soccer field as well as a skate park for communities from Rockford to the stateline.
Tickets are $5 before the event and $6 at the gate for the full day of music and the art show featuring many local artisans and crafters showcasing on the festival grounds. Tickets are on sale at Kelley Williamson locations in Roscoe, Rockton and Machesney Park, and online at ticketleap.com. Event wristbands allow re-entry.
This is an all-age, family event (no alcohol served) with music that will appeal to every taste and every genre. From ‘60s classics, ‘80s, country, folk, Christian and all the way to punk rock, Rockin 4 Rockton delivers a full day to enjoy the arts in the park! Bands performing will be: Escape, CRS, Griffin Phelps & Joe James Band, Daybreak 2011 Youth Charity Jam winners, Bloom, 7th Street Saints, Roscoe, The Sasparillas, Mariana and I Solemnly Swear.
Founded in 2010 through a joint effort among then-Hononegah High School student Travis Cazel, the Rockton Chamber of Commerce and the Village of Rockton, this event is in its second year and promises to be even bigger and better. Rockin’ 4 Rockton brought together local bands to organize, promote and produce this fund-raiser as a way to help the community and youth, benefitting not only the arts but the Rockton Athletic Fields, which are home for many sporting events and used for practice fields by area sports teams.
Sponsorships are available and greatly needed. All donations are tax-deductible through the Rockton Lions Club Charities, a 501(c)(3) organization, administrators of the Rockton Athletic Fields Fund. More information about sponsorships can be found at www.rockin4rockton.com. Also see facebook/twitter/youtube rockin4rockton.