- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
State Sen. Syverson to announce re-election bid Aug. 2
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — State Sen. Dave Syverson, R-34, will announce his intention to run for another term in the Illinois State Senate at 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 2, at the Boone County Community Building in Belvidere. A reception with local leaders and their guests will immediately follow the announcement.
Syverson will be running in the newly re-mapped 35th Senate District that encompasses all of Boone County as well as parts of Winnebago, DeKalb and Kane counties.
The Boone County Community Building is at 111 W. First St., Belvidere.