- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
State Sen. Syverson to announce re-election bid Aug. 2
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — State Sen. Dave Syverson, R-34, will announce his intention to run for another term in the Illinois State Senate at 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 2, at the Boone County Community Building in Belvidere. A reception with local leaders and their guests will immediately follow the announcement.
Syverson will be running in the newly re-mapped 35th Senate District that encompasses all of Boone County as well as parts of Winnebago, DeKalb and Kane counties.
The Boone County Community Building is at 111 W. First St., Belvidere.