- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
State Sen. Syverson to announce re-election bid Aug. 2
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — State Sen. Dave Syverson, R-34, will announce his intention to run for another term in the Illinois State Senate at 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 2, at the Boone County Community Building in Belvidere. A reception with local leaders and their guests will immediately follow the announcement.
Syverson will be running in the newly re-mapped 35th Senate District that encompasses all of Boone County as well as parts of Winnebago, DeKalb and Kane counties.
The Boone County Community Building is at 111 W. First St., Belvidere.