- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
State Sen. Syverson to announce re-election bid Aug. 2
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — State Sen. Dave Syverson, R-34, will announce his intention to run for another term in the Illinois State Senate at 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 2, at the Boone County Community Building in Belvidere. A reception with local leaders and their guests will immediately follow the announcement.
Syverson will be running in the newly re-mapped 35th Senate District that encompasses all of Boone County as well as parts of Winnebago, DeKalb and Kane counties.
The Boone County Community Building is at 111 W. First St., Belvidere.