- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
State Sen. Syverson to announce re-election bid Aug. 2
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — State Sen. Dave Syverson, R-34, will announce his intention to run for another term in the Illinois State Senate at 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 2, at the Boone County Community Building in Belvidere. A reception with local leaders and their guests will immediately follow the announcement.
Syverson will be running in the newly re-mapped 35th Senate District that encompasses all of Boone County as well as parts of Winnebago, DeKalb and Kane counties.
The Boone County Community Building is at 111 W. First St., Belvidere.