- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Artists At Work event extends hours, dates
Tom Littrell Design & Art Studio is changing the hours for its ongoing art event, “Artists At Work,” to every Friday from 4 to 8 p.m. The event will now extend through Fall ArtScene, Oct. 14-15.
During Artists At Work, the studio will be open to visitors, with no cover charge, to view various local artists of diverse disciplines at work, doing what they do best.
Artists will also showcase their work in the upstairs gallery; most artwork will be available for purchase.
Artists interested in participating in Artists At Work can contact Tabatha Dougherty at (815) 519-5288 or e-mail the studio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tom Littrell Design & Art Studio is at 317 Market St., Rockford. Visit www.marketstreetstudiorockford.weebly.com.
From the Aug. 3-9, 2011, issue