- Responding to parents’ vaccine hesitance
- House turns to workers’ comp; workers, business interests testify
- Right-to-work not right for workers
- Several aspects of the Cubs bring optimism
- ‘Hogs handle Stars, move on to Grand Rapids
- TRRT Online Edition | May 6-12
- RRI: The Names frontman Dave Galluzzo
- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
Decorating your home with classic blue and white
Adding blue and white colors and patterns to a living room, bath or bedroom can make a striking statement, and give these rooms a fresh, yet timeless look. Pairing blue with white provides a workable and classic palette.
“Blue and white are approachable colors that work well in any part of the home,” says Sabrina Soto, Target style expert for home and HGTV designer. “Together, they look elegant, and when paired with pops of color, like yellow and orange, they can be warm and welcoming.”
Soto recommends looking for decor with fine detailing that adds texture and dimension to a sofa or bed. Decorative pillows with embroidered characteristics, such as the paisley hand-knotted toss pillow from the Target Home collection can tie a room together nicely, for just $19.99. The combination of paisley, floral patterns and stripes in blue and white tones allow the contrasting designs to complement one another.
From the Aug. 3-9, 2011, issue