- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Decorating your home with classic blue and white
Adding blue and white colors and patterns to a living room, bath or bedroom can make a striking statement, and give these rooms a fresh, yet timeless look. Pairing blue with white provides a workable and classic palette.
“Blue and white are approachable colors that work well in any part of the home,” says Sabrina Soto, Target style expert for home and HGTV designer. “Together, they look elegant, and when paired with pops of color, like yellow and orange, they can be warm and welcoming.”
Soto recommends looking for decor with fine detailing that adds texture and dimension to a sofa or bed. Decorative pillows with embroidered characteristics, such as the paisley hand-knotted toss pillow from the Target Home collection can tie a room together nicely, for just $19.99. The combination of paisley, floral patterns and stripes in blue and white tones allow the contrasting designs to complement one another.
From the Aug. 3-9, 2011, issue