- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
Decorating your home with classic blue and white
Adding blue and white colors and patterns to a living room, bath or bedroom can make a striking statement, and give these rooms a fresh, yet timeless look. Pairing blue with white provides a workable and classic palette.
“Blue and white are approachable colors that work well in any part of the home,” says Sabrina Soto, Target style expert for home and HGTV designer. “Together, they look elegant, and when paired with pops of color, like yellow and orange, they can be warm and welcoming.”
Soto recommends looking for decor with fine detailing that adds texture and dimension to a sofa or bed. Decorative pillows with embroidered characteristics, such as the paisley hand-knotted toss pillow from the Target Home collection can tie a room together nicely, for just $19.99. The combination of paisley, floral patterns and stripes in blue and white tones allow the contrasting designs to complement one another.
From the Aug. 3-9, 2011, issue