- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Decorating your home with classic blue and white
Adding blue and white colors and patterns to a living room, bath or bedroom can make a striking statement, and give these rooms a fresh, yet timeless look. Pairing blue with white provides a workable and classic palette.
“Blue and white are approachable colors that work well in any part of the home,” says Sabrina Soto, Target style expert for home and HGTV designer. “Together, they look elegant, and when paired with pops of color, like yellow and orange, they can be warm and welcoming.”
Soto recommends looking for decor with fine detailing that adds texture and dimension to a sofa or bed. Decorative pillows with embroidered characteristics, such as the paisley hand-knotted toss pillow from the Target Home collection can tie a room together nicely, for just $19.99. The combination of paisley, floral patterns and stripes in blue and white tones allow the contrasting designs to complement one another.
From the Aug. 3-9, 2011, issue