- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
Golf: Fifth Annual Golf Ball Drop Aug. 5
It will be raining golf balls at the Fifth Annual Golf Ball Drop at 6:13 p.m., Friday, Aug. 5, at Aldeen Golf Club, 1902 Reid Farm Road, Rockford.
The Great Golf Ball Drop is a special event to benefit the Rockford Park District Foundation and Rockford Park District youth programming. This event is being held in conjunction with the City of Gardens’ annual “Go Fore the Green” Golf Play Day presented by Harris Bank.
Golf Ball Drop: How it works
A group of numbered golf balls will be dropped from a lift hovering over a location at Aldeen Practice Centre. The first golf ball in the hole, or the one closest to the hole, wins the grand prize of $2,500. For a complete list of rules, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/gbdrop.
Other prizes include: 42-inch flat-screen TV from Al Grace Appliance and TV; iPad Wi-Fi 16GB; golf bag; Wilson TW9 52-inch Wedge; Rockford Park District four-course season permit for 2012; Aldeen Golf Club golf foursome with carts to be used on one day; Lockwood Park group riding lessons; Magic Waters season pass for 2012; and one-year supply of Culver’s Frozen Custard.
Tickets may be purchased for $5 each at the following locations:
• Culver’s — five Rockford/Roscoe locations
• Rockford Park District’s five golf courses: Aldeen, Elliot, Ingersoll, Sandy Hollow and Sinnissippi
• Rockford Park District’s two Customer Service locations: Webbs Norman Center, 401 S. Main St., Rockford, and Carlson Ice Arena, Perryville and Riverside, Loves Park
• Online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/gbdrop
For more information, contact Lisa Alexander at (815) 987-1632.
From the Aug. 3-9, 2011, issue