Kindergarten enrollment under way in Rockford schools
Kindergarten enrollment is now under way for Rockford Public Schools. Parents are encouraged to register their children now to avoid long lines and the possibility of not getting a spot in their child’s zoned elementary school.
Kindergarten enrollment requirements for the 2011-2012 school year include:
• Students must turn 5 on or before Sept. 1.
• Parents must complete an application at the Student Assignment Center, 2000 Christina St. They’ll need to bring proof of guardianship, birth date, two proofs of address and a photo ID. (Complete documentation lists are available to www.rp205.com or by calling (815) 967-8070.
• After enrolling, parents must attend registration at their child’s assigned school. Registration is scheduled from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Aug. 16, and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Aug. 17. Parents should bring the following information:
• Proof of health examination
• Proof of immunization and booster shots for diptheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, red measles, mumps and rubella
• Proof of lead screening, if students live in Zip codes 61101, 61102, 61103 or 61104.
The required health examinations, immunizations and lead screening may be obtained at any doctor’s office, clinic or the Winnebago County Health Department.
Rockford Public Schools, in cooperation with the Health Department, offers these services at a reduced cost. Contact the school nurse or the Health Department at (815) 962-5092 for more information.
From the Aug. 3-9, 2011, issue
Print This Article