- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Pamela M. Duffy named College Board chairperson
Saint Anthony College of Nursing has announced Pamela M. Duffy, RN, MSN, MBA, MSMOB, vice president, Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Office, KishHealth System, DeKalb, has assumed the position of College Board chairperson as of June 21.
Duffy joined Saint Anthony College of Nursing as a board member in March 2008, and was appointed as vice chairperson of the College Board in June 2010. She joined KishHealth System as vice president of Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer in 1995.
An Illinois registered nurse, Duffy earned a master’s degree in management and organizational behavior and a master’s of business administration from Benedictine University; a master of science in nursing from Excelsior College; and a certificate in case management from Benedictine University.
Duffy has presented at national conferences on quality and credentialing, and has overseen local research in the area of diabetes and oncology. She is a member of the American Nurses Association, the Illinois Nurses Association, the Women’s Health Executive Network, the American Organization of Nurse Executives, Sigma Theta Tau, and the American Society for Healthcare Risk Management. Locally, she sits on the board of directors for Northern Illinois University Nursing Advisory Board and is an adjunct faculty member at Northern Illinois University.
From the Aug. 3-9, 2011, issue