- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Pamela M. Duffy named College Board chairperson
Saint Anthony College of Nursing has announced Pamela M. Duffy, RN, MSN, MBA, MSMOB, vice president, Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Office, KishHealth System, DeKalb, has assumed the position of College Board chairperson as of June 21.
Duffy joined Saint Anthony College of Nursing as a board member in March 2008, and was appointed as vice chairperson of the College Board in June 2010. She joined KishHealth System as vice president of Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer in 1995.
An Illinois registered nurse, Duffy earned a master’s degree in management and organizational behavior and a master’s of business administration from Benedictine University; a master of science in nursing from Excelsior College; and a certificate in case management from Benedictine University.
Duffy has presented at national conferences on quality and credentialing, and has overseen local research in the area of diabetes and oncology. She is a member of the American Nurses Association, the Illinois Nurses Association, the Women’s Health Executive Network, the American Organization of Nurse Executives, Sigma Theta Tau, and the American Society for Healthcare Risk Management. Locally, she sits on the board of directors for Northern Illinois University Nursing Advisory Board and is an adjunct faculty member at Northern Illinois University.
From the Aug. 3-9, 2011, issue