- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Pamela M. Duffy named College Board chairperson
Saint Anthony College of Nursing has announced Pamela M. Duffy, RN, MSN, MBA, MSMOB, vice president, Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Office, KishHealth System, DeKalb, has assumed the position of College Board chairperson as of June 21.
Duffy joined Saint Anthony College of Nursing as a board member in March 2008, and was appointed as vice chairperson of the College Board in June 2010. She joined KishHealth System as vice president of Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer in 1995.
An Illinois registered nurse, Duffy earned a master’s degree in management and organizational behavior and a master’s of business administration from Benedictine University; a master of science in nursing from Excelsior College; and a certificate in case management from Benedictine University.
Duffy has presented at national conferences on quality and credentialing, and has overseen local research in the area of diabetes and oncology. She is a member of the American Nurses Association, the Illinois Nurses Association, the Women’s Health Executive Network, the American Organization of Nurse Executives, Sigma Theta Tau, and the American Society for Healthcare Risk Management. Locally, she sits on the board of directors for Northern Illinois University Nursing Advisory Board and is an adjunct faculty member at Northern Illinois University.
From the Aug. 3-9, 2011, issue