- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
Remember the Democrats …
With the 2012 election cycle already under way, I want everyone to remember some key facts about the record of the Democratic party as they try to garner your vote.
Remember it was exclusively Democrats here in Illinois that raised taxes and imposed new ones on every individual and business in the state.
Remember the Democrats are responsible for passing Obamacare and its unconstitutional individual mandate.
Remember it was Democrats who blocked any reforms to Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, which might have mitigated the recession.
Remember the Democrats are the ones insistent upon raising taxes to cover their spending binge in this debt limit debate.
Remember that Democrats care more about wealth redistribution than job creation.
Remember it is Democrats who refuse to allow this nation to become energy independent by blocking efforts to drill for more oil, mine more coal or build new nuclear power plants.
Remember Democrats are the ones constantly talking about “rights” for this or that, but deny the right to life for the innocent unborn children snuffed out of existence by abortion.
Remember it was a Democrat that promised nearly $1 trillion in spending would keep the unemployment rate below 8 percent.
Ulysses S. Arn
From the Aug. 3-9, 2011, issue