- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Remember the Democrats …
With the 2012 election cycle already under way, I want everyone to remember some key facts about the record of the Democratic party as they try to garner your vote.
Remember it was exclusively Democrats here in Illinois that raised taxes and imposed new ones on every individual and business in the state.
Remember the Democrats are responsible for passing Obamacare and its unconstitutional individual mandate.
Remember it was Democrats who blocked any reforms to Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, which might have mitigated the recession.
Remember the Democrats are the ones insistent upon raising taxes to cover their spending binge in this debt limit debate.
Remember that Democrats care more about wealth redistribution than job creation.
Remember it is Democrats who refuse to allow this nation to become energy independent by blocking efforts to drill for more oil, mine more coal or build new nuclear power plants.
Remember Democrats are the ones constantly talking about “rights” for this or that, but deny the right to life for the innocent unborn children snuffed out of existence by abortion.
Remember it was a Democrat that promised nearly $1 trillion in spending would keep the unemployment rate below 8 percent.
Ulysses S. Arn
From the Aug. 3-9, 2011, issue