- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
- Pet Talk: Healthy pets make for a happy holiday
- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
Remember the Democrats …
With the 2012 election cycle already under way, I want everyone to remember some key facts about the record of the Democratic party as they try to garner your vote.
Remember it was exclusively Democrats here in Illinois that raised taxes and imposed new ones on every individual and business in the state.
Remember the Democrats are responsible for passing Obamacare and its unconstitutional individual mandate.
Remember it was Democrats who blocked any reforms to Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, which might have mitigated the recession.
Remember the Democrats are the ones insistent upon raising taxes to cover their spending binge in this debt limit debate.
Remember that Democrats care more about wealth redistribution than job creation.
Remember it is Democrats who refuse to allow this nation to become energy independent by blocking efforts to drill for more oil, mine more coal or build new nuclear power plants.
Remember Democrats are the ones constantly talking about “rights” for this or that, but deny the right to life for the innocent unborn children snuffed out of existence by abortion.
Remember it was a Democrat that promised nearly $1 trillion in spending would keep the unemployment rate below 8 percent.
Ulysses S. Arn
From the Aug. 3-9, 2011, issue