- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
RVC student films selected for Aug. 6 Mosaic Student Film Festival
• Film festival begins at 7 p.m. at Rockford Theatre inside Rockford Woman’s Club, 323 Park Ave.
Four students from the Rock Valley College (RVC) Mass Communication Program have had their films chosen to be a part of the Fourth Annual Mosaic Student Film Festival (MSFF), beginning at 7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 6.
Tom Doherty, Catt Garcia, Sara Garcia and Jayson Phommavongsa are all current or recent students of the RVC Mass Communication Program.
Doherty and Phommavongsa will have two films in the festival. Their short video art project, Skies and City Lights, is a beautiful time-lapse video combining footage of Rockford and Chicago at night set to music. Their other film, Rockford Pro-Life, is a documentary about the local anti-abortion movement, which focuses on the motivation behind their members’ actions.
Sara and Catt worked together on the video art project Childhood, which features a unique take on nostalgia and longing for simpler times. Catt also has a short film called Intrinsic about the thoughts behind someone both inspired by and in awe of the world around them.
Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at the entrance of the Rockford Theatre at Rockford Woman’s Club, 323 Park Ave., Rockford, beginning at 6 p.m. the night of the event. Ticket sales will be donated to the Rockford Rescue Mission.
For more information about the RVC Mass Communication Program, contact Brian Shelton at B.Shelton@rockvalleycollege.edu or (815) 921-3360.
From the Aug. 3-9, 2011, issue