- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
RVC student films selected for Aug. 6 Mosaic Student Film Festival
• Film festival begins at 7 p.m. at Rockford Theatre inside Rockford Woman’s Club, 323 Park Ave.
Four students from the Rock Valley College (RVC) Mass Communication Program have had their films chosen to be a part of the Fourth Annual Mosaic Student Film Festival (MSFF), beginning at 7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 6.
Tom Doherty, Catt Garcia, Sara Garcia and Jayson Phommavongsa are all current or recent students of the RVC Mass Communication Program.
Doherty and Phommavongsa will have two films in the festival. Their short video art project, Skies and City Lights, is a beautiful time-lapse video combining footage of Rockford and Chicago at night set to music. Their other film, Rockford Pro-Life, is a documentary about the local anti-abortion movement, which focuses on the motivation behind their members’ actions.
Sara and Catt worked together on the video art project Childhood, which features a unique take on nostalgia and longing for simpler times. Catt also has a short film called Intrinsic about the thoughts behind someone both inspired by and in awe of the world around them.
Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at the entrance of the Rockford Theatre at Rockford Woman’s Club, 323 Park Ave., Rockford, beginning at 6 p.m. the night of the event. Ticket sales will be donated to the Rockford Rescue Mission.
For more information about the RVC Mass Communication Program, contact Brian Shelton at B.Shelton@rockvalleycollege.edu or (815) 921-3360.
From the Aug. 3-9, 2011, issue