- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
Thanks, Doug Halberstadt, for speaking up
I applaud Doug Halberstadt for taking a stand on the inappropriate team name “Young Guns.” Some might say this is no big deal, and my guess is that probably none of the kids on the team will ever turn out to be a homicidal felon. But it certainly sets the wrong tone for a youth team. There are plenty of “cool” team names that would project a more positive image and create the sense of unity that’s so important to success in sports. Thanks again to Doug for helping us stop and think about the impact of words and symbols.
From the Aug. 3-9, 2011, issue