- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
The Bluegrass Reunion plays Tinker Summer Concert Series Aug. 7
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens’ free summer outdoor concert series continues at 6 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 7, with a performance by The Bluegrass Reunion.
The Bluegrass Reunion, which offers bluegrass played by four guys with more than 100 years of collective experience, will make its fourth appearance at the Tinker with Music Summer Concert Series. The band features a fiddle, mandolin, bass, guitar and banjo.
A variety of food offerings, including soft drinks and water, will be available for purchase from Thunder Bay Grille.
Tinker with Music will continue Sunday, Aug. 21, with The Jodi Beach Trio, and will conclude Sunday, Aug. 28, with Ron Rawhoof.
The audience is encouraged to bring beach chairs and picnic blankets. The Tinker Museum Gift Shop will be open during the concert, and a “sample” tour of the entry level of the cottage will be available following each concert.
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens is at 411 Kent St., Rockford. Visit www.tinkercottage.org or call (815) 964-2424.
From the Aug. 3-9, 2011, issue