- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
The Bluegrass Reunion plays Tinker Summer Concert Series Aug. 7
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens’ free summer outdoor concert series continues at 6 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 7, with a performance by The Bluegrass Reunion.
The Bluegrass Reunion, which offers bluegrass played by four guys with more than 100 years of collective experience, will make its fourth appearance at the Tinker with Music Summer Concert Series. The band features a fiddle, mandolin, bass, guitar and banjo.
A variety of food offerings, including soft drinks and water, will be available for purchase from Thunder Bay Grille.
Tinker with Music will continue Sunday, Aug. 21, with The Jodi Beach Trio, and will conclude Sunday, Aug. 28, with Ron Rawhoof.
The audience is encouraged to bring beach chairs and picnic blankets. The Tinker Museum Gift Shop will be open during the concert, and a “sample” tour of the entry level of the cottage will be available following each concert.
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens is at 411 Kent St., Rockford. Visit www.tinkercottage.org or call (815) 964-2424.
From the Aug. 3-9, 2011, issue