- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
The Bluegrass Reunion plays Tinker Summer Concert Series Aug. 7
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens’ free summer outdoor concert series continues at 6 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 7, with a performance by The Bluegrass Reunion.
The Bluegrass Reunion, which offers bluegrass played by four guys with more than 100 years of collective experience, will make its fourth appearance at the Tinker with Music Summer Concert Series. The band features a fiddle, mandolin, bass, guitar and banjo.
A variety of food offerings, including soft drinks and water, will be available for purchase from Thunder Bay Grille.
Tinker with Music will continue Sunday, Aug. 21, with The Jodi Beach Trio, and will conclude Sunday, Aug. 28, with Ron Rawhoof.
The audience is encouraged to bring beach chairs and picnic blankets. The Tinker Museum Gift Shop will be open during the concert, and a “sample” tour of the entry level of the cottage will be available following each concert.
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens is at 411 Kent St., Rockford. Visit www.tinkercottage.org or call (815) 964-2424.
From the Aug. 3-9, 2011, issue