- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Tickets on sale Aug. 5 for Nov. 18 John Mellencamp concert
Online Staff Report
Tickets for John Mellencamp’s 7 p.m., Friday, Nov. 18, concert at the Coronado Performing Arts Center go on sale Friday, Aug. 5 — at noon for walk-up and phone sales, and 10 a.m. for online sales.
Mellencamp’s latest album, No Better Than This, was released Aug. 17, 2010, to widespread critical acclaim. The Nov. 18 show will open with a documentary film titled It’s About You, which chronicles the creation of No Better Than This.
Mellencamp, an American rock singer-songwriter, is known for his catchy, populist brand of heartland rock that eschews synthesizers and other artificial sounds in favor of acoustic instrumentation. He has sold more than 40 million albums worldwide and has amassed 22 Top 40 hits in the United States. In addition, he holds the record for the most tracks by a solo artist to hit No. 1 on the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart, with seven, and has been nominated for 13 Grammy Awards, winning one.
Mellencamp was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame March 10, 2008. His biggest musical influences are Bob Dylan, Woody Guthrie, Buddy Holly and The Rolling Stones.
Tickets are available at the Coronado box office, 314 N. Main St., online at coronadopac.org or charge by phone at (815) 968-0595.