- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
Tickets on sale Aug. 5 for Nov. 18 John Mellencamp concert
Online Staff Report
Tickets for John Mellencamp’s 7 p.m., Friday, Nov. 18, concert at the Coronado Performing Arts Center go on sale Friday, Aug. 5 — at noon for walk-up and phone sales, and 10 a.m. for online sales.
Mellencamp’s latest album, No Better Than This, was released Aug. 17, 2010, to widespread critical acclaim. The Nov. 18 show will open with a documentary film titled It’s About You, which chronicles the creation of No Better Than This.
Mellencamp, an American rock singer-songwriter, is known for his catchy, populist brand of heartland rock that eschews synthesizers and other artificial sounds in favor of acoustic instrumentation. He has sold more than 40 million albums worldwide and has amassed 22 Top 40 hits in the United States. In addition, he holds the record for the most tracks by a solo artist to hit No. 1 on the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart, with seven, and has been nominated for 13 Grammy Awards, winning one.
Mellencamp was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame March 10, 2008. His biggest musical influences are Bob Dylan, Woody Guthrie, Buddy Holly and The Rolling Stones.
Tickets are available at the Coronado box office, 314 N. Main St., online at coronadopac.org or charge by phone at (815) 968-0595.