- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Advance Auto Parts opens in Machesney Park
MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. — Advance Auto Parts, Inc., a leading automotive aftermarket retailer of parts, batteries, accessories and maintenance items, cut the ribbon on its first Machesney Park location at 1539 W. Lane Road Aug. 8.
Company officials said they chose the location for the store because it’s convenient to where their customers live and shop as well as the garages where they take their vehicles for repair.
Jason Beckett is the new general manager and works with nine other team members at the location. A 19-year veteran of the automotive and retail sales industries, Beckett has been with the Advance Auto Parts team for almost 14 years. He is ASE-certified, having passed stringent testing of his automotive knowledge by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence.
The new store offers customers a range of parts and recognized national brands as well as several free services. Store team members will install windshield wipers for free, and also install batteries following a complimentary check of the vehicle’s electrical system and old battery.
The store offers fast parts delivery to local commercial customers, such as professional mechanics and garages. Customers also can drop off used motor oil and batteries for recycling — ensuring these materials don’t end up in landfills, where they could harm the environment.
Vehicle know-how is made easier than ever by Advance. The company’s website, www.AdvanceAutoParts.com, offers articles, online videos and audio and video podcasts in the website’s “Advance Know-How” section.
The store is open 7:30 a.m.-9 p.m., Monday-Saturday, and 9 a.m.-8 p.m., Sunday, and can be reached at (815) 633-8261. Another area store is at 6023 N. Second St., in Loves Park.
From the Aug. 10-16, 2011, issue