- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Advance Auto Parts opens in Machesney Park
MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. — Advance Auto Parts, Inc., a leading automotive aftermarket retailer of parts, batteries, accessories and maintenance items, cut the ribbon on its first Machesney Park location at 1539 W. Lane Road Aug. 8.
Company officials said they chose the location for the store because it’s convenient to where their customers live and shop as well as the garages where they take their vehicles for repair.
Jason Beckett is the new general manager and works with nine other team members at the location. A 19-year veteran of the automotive and retail sales industries, Beckett has been with the Advance Auto Parts team for almost 14 years. He is ASE-certified, having passed stringent testing of his automotive knowledge by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence.
The new store offers customers a range of parts and recognized national brands as well as several free services. Store team members will install windshield wipers for free, and also install batteries following a complimentary check of the vehicle’s electrical system and old battery.
The store offers fast parts delivery to local commercial customers, such as professional mechanics and garages. Customers also can drop off used motor oil and batteries for recycling — ensuring these materials don’t end up in landfills, where they could harm the environment.
Vehicle know-how is made easier than ever by Advance. The company’s website, www.AdvanceAutoParts.com, offers articles, online videos and audio and video podcasts in the website’s “Advance Know-How” section.
The store is open 7:30 a.m.-9 p.m., Monday-Saturday, and 9 a.m.-8 p.m., Sunday, and can be reached at (815) 633-8261. Another area store is at 6023 N. Second St., in Loves Park.
From the Aug. 10-16, 2011, issue