- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Cardiologist joins SwedishAmerican
Pratik Parikh, M.D., cardiologist, has joined SwedishAmerican Health System. Dr. Parikh received his medical degree from University of Baroda Medical College in India and completed an internal medicine residency at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh. He continued training at Allegheny General with fellowships in cardiology, interventional cardiology and heart failure/transplant medicine.
Dr. Parikh is board certified in internal medicine, cardiology and nuclear cardiology, and is board eligible in interventional cardiology. He has special expertise in cardiac and peripheral angiography, and transradial (wrist) catheterization for cardiac stent placement.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Parikh, call Midwest Heart Specialists at SwedishAmerican at (815) 490-5888.
From the Aug. 10-16, 2011, issue