- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
Cardiologist joins SwedishAmerican
Pratik Parikh, M.D., cardiologist, has joined SwedishAmerican Health System. Dr. Parikh received his medical degree from University of Baroda Medical College in India and completed an internal medicine residency at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh. He continued training at Allegheny General with fellowships in cardiology, interventional cardiology and heart failure/transplant medicine.
Dr. Parikh is board certified in internal medicine, cardiology and nuclear cardiology, and is board eligible in interventional cardiology. He has special expertise in cardiac and peripheral angiography, and transradial (wrist) catheterization for cardiac stent placement.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Parikh, call Midwest Heart Specialists at SwedishAmerican at (815) 490-5888.
From the Aug. 10-16, 2011, issue