- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
Cardiologist joins SwedishAmerican
Pratik Parikh, M.D., cardiologist, has joined SwedishAmerican Health System. Dr. Parikh received his medical degree from University of Baroda Medical College in India and completed an internal medicine residency at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh. He continued training at Allegheny General with fellowships in cardiology, interventional cardiology and heart failure/transplant medicine.
Dr. Parikh is board certified in internal medicine, cardiology and nuclear cardiology, and is board eligible in interventional cardiology. He has special expertise in cardiac and peripheral angiography, and transradial (wrist) catheterization for cardiac stent placement.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Parikh, call Midwest Heart Specialists at SwedishAmerican at (815) 490-5888.
From the Aug. 10-16, 2011, issue