- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
Cardiologist joins SwedishAmerican
Pratik Parikh, M.D., cardiologist, has joined SwedishAmerican Health System. Dr. Parikh received his medical degree from University of Baroda Medical College in India and completed an internal medicine residency at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh. He continued training at Allegheny General with fellowships in cardiology, interventional cardiology and heart failure/transplant medicine.
Dr. Parikh is board certified in internal medicine, cardiology and nuclear cardiology, and is board eligible in interventional cardiology. He has special expertise in cardiac and peripheral angiography, and transradial (wrist) catheterization for cardiac stent placement.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Parikh, call Midwest Heart Specialists at SwedishAmerican at (815) 490-5888.
From the Aug. 10-16, 2011, issue