- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
- Tales from the Trough: Rockford skates into all-star break on high note
- Literary Hook: A poem for February
- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
Notice: Last chance to protest industrial wind turbines in Winnebago County
Editor’s note: This Legal Notice is published gratis by The Rock River Times and is presented as public service announcement.
You are hereby notified that the Zoning Board of Appeals of Winnebago County, Illinois will hold a public hearing on Monday, August 15, 2011, at 4:30 P.M. in the auditorium of Veterans Memorial Hall, 211 N. Main St., Rockford, IL and will consider the following:
GAMESA ENERGY USA, LLC, REPRESENTED BY RYAN AMMERMANN, PROJECT MANAGER, AND STEVEN COX, ATTORNEY, IS PROPOSING (AS INITIATED BY THE WINNEBAGO COUNTY BOARD VIA RESOLUTION 2011 CR 78) A TEXT AMENDMENT TO THE WINNEBAGO COUNTY ZONING ORDINANCE FOR THE PURPOSE OF SITING AND REGULATING COMMERCIAL WIND POWER GENERATING FACILITIES PURSUANT TO CHAPTER 90, SECTION 90-41, OF THE WINNEBAGO COUNTY CODE OF ORDINANCES. The proposed amendment, in general, is to establish specific criteria for permitting/allowing (in the AG, Agricultural Priority District and the AG1, Agricultural District), constructing, maintaining, and decommissioning of commercial Wind Power Generating Facilities. For the exact wording of the proposed text amendment, a copy of such is available for public review at the Winnebago County Regional Planning and Economic Development Department, division of Planning and Zoning, 404 Elm Street, Suite 403, Rockford, IL 61101, during regular business hours. A copy of same will also be available at the public hearing.
All those interested in said petition may attend, be heard and submit evidence for the record at the above mentioned public hearing; after the close of the public hearing, there will be no other opportunity to do said. A qualified person with a disability, who needs an interpreter or other special accommodations in order to attend or participate in a public meeting, should contact Margie M. Mullins, County Clerk, by telephone: 815/319-4250 no less than three (3) business days prior to the meeting, or by mail at, Winnebago County Administration Building, c/o Margie M. Mullins, County Clerk/Secretary, 404 Elm Street, Room 104, Rockford, IL 61101.
Brian Erickson, Chairman
Winnebago County Zoning Board of Appeals
From the Aug. 10-16, 2011, issue