- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Marathon: Second Annual Stone Bridge Trail Marathon Oct. 8
• Boston Marathon qualifying course begins in Belvidere, concludes in Roscoe
Registration is open for the Second Annual YMCA Stone Bridge Trail Marathon. This year’s only local fall marathon begins at 7 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 8. The race, sponsored by the SwedishAmerican Foundation, will begin at the Belvidere Family YMCA and end 26.2 miles later in Leland Park in Roscoe.
The course has been certified as a USATF Boston Marathon qualifying course (IL-10094-JW.). The male course record, held by Steven Hogan, is 3:05:39. The female course recordholder is Phyllis Still with a 4:02:48.
All race proceeds benefit the local participating YMCA’s Strong Kids Fund. Two 5K Runs will be held in conjunction with the marathon. The Belvidere Family YMCA and Stateline Family YMCA in Roscoe will start the 3.1-mile runs at 8:30 a.m.
Registration for the marathon is $80 through Sept. 30, $90 Oct. 1-7. Registration fee for each 5K run is $25 through Sept. 30, then increases to $30 through Oct. 7.
For more details, visit www.ymcastonebridgemarathon.org or call Marianne Eshleman at (815) 623-5858 at the Stateline Family YMCA in Roscoe.
From the Aug. 10-16, 2011, issue