- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Marathon: Second Annual Stone Bridge Trail Marathon Oct. 8
• Boston Marathon qualifying course begins in Belvidere, concludes in Roscoe
Registration is open for the Second Annual YMCA Stone Bridge Trail Marathon. This year’s only local fall marathon begins at 7 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 8. The race, sponsored by the SwedishAmerican Foundation, will begin at the Belvidere Family YMCA and end 26.2 miles later in Leland Park in Roscoe.
The course has been certified as a USATF Boston Marathon qualifying course (IL-10094-JW.). The male course record, held by Steven Hogan, is 3:05:39. The female course recordholder is Phyllis Still with a 4:02:48.
All race proceeds benefit the local participating YMCA’s Strong Kids Fund. Two 5K Runs will be held in conjunction with the marathon. The Belvidere Family YMCA and Stateline Family YMCA in Roscoe will start the 3.1-mile runs at 8:30 a.m.
Registration for the marathon is $80 through Sept. 30, $90 Oct. 1-7. Registration fee for each 5K run is $25 through Sept. 30, then increases to $30 through Oct. 7.
For more details, visit www.ymcastonebridgemarathon.org or call Marianne Eshleman at (815) 623-5858 at the Stateline Family YMCA in Roscoe.
From the Aug. 10-16, 2011, issue