- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Minor League Baseball: RiverHawks offer IceHogs Night Aug. 18
By Doug Halberstadt
“Cross marketing” is a phrase ad executives like to use.
The concept is simple: find products and services that complement yours, and work with the companies that provide them to promote their offerings and yours simultaneously.
Both big and small companies all across the country are using the technique to try to reach consumers.
Now, two local sports teams are getting in on the act. The Rockford RiverHawks and the Rockford IceHogs are joining forces later this month to bring fans out to the ballpark. The ’Hawks are hosting a ’Hogs Night Thursday, Aug. 18, at Road Ranger Stadium in Loves Park.
IceHogs full-season and 20-pack ticket holders can get up to four free tickets to the RiverHawks game Aug. 18 against the Windy City ThunderBolts beginning at 7:05 p.m. Tickets need to be reserved by calling your season ticket representative or by calling (815) 847-6399 by 2 p.m., Monday, Aug. 15.
The IceHogs new head coach, Ted Dent, will be in attendance to throw out the first pitch. IceHogs mascot Hammy will also be at the game to meet and greet the fans.
To purchase individual game tickets to IceHogs Night with the RiverHawks at Road Ranger Stadium, call (815) 885-2255. Complimentary tickets for Rockford IceHogs season ticket holders are not available through the RiverHawks or Road Ranger Stadium.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
From the Aug. 10-16, 2011, issue