- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Miracle Mile neighborhood festival set for Aug. 12-13
Miracle Mile’s first neighborhood festival will be at Don Carter Lanes, east parking lot, Friday and Saturday, Aug. 12-13.
Proceeds of the event benefit East High School’s auditorium refurbishing fund.
Shooters Bar and Grill will provide beverages and food. A few Miracle Mile restaurants will also bring their own signature dishes to the festival.
Hours are 5-11 p.m., Friday, and 2:30-11 p.m., Saturday. Advance tickets are $5 per person and include both days. They can be purchased at Riverside Community Bank, Don Carter Lanes, Whitehead Realtors and Nicholson Hardware.
Don Carter Lanes is at 4007 E. State St.
Following is the musical lineup:
Friday, Aug. 12
5-8 p.m. — Roscoe
9-11 p.m. — X-51
Saturday, Aug. 13
2:30-3:30 p.m. — East High School Jazz Band
4:30-5:30 p.m. — East Lincoln Ave.
6:30-8:30 p.m. — Rubik Steel
9:30-11 p.m. — Stevee Nix
Each band has donated their time to assist with fund-raising for East High School.
Contact Miracle Mile Executive Director Jennifer Hall at (815) 975-0466 or Event Coordinator Dave Conroy at (815) 289-3089.
From the Aug. 10-16, 2011, issue