- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Miracle Mile neighborhood festival set for Aug. 12-13
Miracle Mile’s first neighborhood festival will be at Don Carter Lanes, east parking lot, Friday and Saturday, Aug. 12-13.
Proceeds of the event benefit East High School’s auditorium refurbishing fund.
Shooters Bar and Grill will provide beverages and food. A few Miracle Mile restaurants will also bring their own signature dishes to the festival.
Hours are 5-11 p.m., Friday, and 2:30-11 p.m., Saturday. Advance tickets are $5 per person and include both days. They can be purchased at Riverside Community Bank, Don Carter Lanes, Whitehead Realtors and Nicholson Hardware.
Don Carter Lanes is at 4007 E. State St.
Following is the musical lineup:
Friday, Aug. 12
5-8 p.m. — Roscoe
9-11 p.m. — X-51
Saturday, Aug. 13
2:30-3:30 p.m. — East High School Jazz Band
4:30-5:30 p.m. — East Lincoln Ave.
6:30-8:30 p.m. — Rubik Steel
9:30-11 p.m. — Stevee Nix
Each band has donated their time to assist with fund-raising for East High School.
Contact Miracle Mile Executive Director Jennifer Hall at (815) 975-0466 or Event Coordinator Dave Conroy at (815) 289-3089.
From the Aug. 10-16, 2011, issue