- IceHogs drop Wolves 4-3 at home
- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
Miracle Mile neighborhood festival set for Aug. 12-13
Miracle Mile’s first neighborhood festival will be at Don Carter Lanes, east parking lot, Friday and Saturday, Aug. 12-13.
Proceeds of the event benefit East High School’s auditorium refurbishing fund.
Shooters Bar and Grill will provide beverages and food. A few Miracle Mile restaurants will also bring their own signature dishes to the festival.
Hours are 5-11 p.m., Friday, and 2:30-11 p.m., Saturday. Advance tickets are $5 per person and include both days. They can be purchased at Riverside Community Bank, Don Carter Lanes, Whitehead Realtors and Nicholson Hardware.
Don Carter Lanes is at 4007 E. State St.
Following is the musical lineup:
Friday, Aug. 12
5-8 p.m. — Roscoe
9-11 p.m. — X-51
Saturday, Aug. 13
2:30-3:30 p.m. — East High School Jazz Band
4:30-5:30 p.m. — East Lincoln Ave.
6:30-8:30 p.m. — Rubik Steel
9:30-11 p.m. — Stevee Nix
Each band has donated their time to assist with fund-raising for East High School.
Contact Miracle Mile Executive Director Jennifer Hall at (815) 975-0466 or Event Coordinator Dave Conroy at (815) 289-3089.
From the Aug. 10-16, 2011, issue