- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Miracle Mile neighborhood festival set for Aug. 12-13
Miracle Mile’s first neighborhood festival will be at Don Carter Lanes, east parking lot, Friday and Saturday, Aug. 12-13.
Proceeds of the event benefit East High School’s auditorium refurbishing fund.
Shooters Bar and Grill will provide beverages and food. A few Miracle Mile restaurants will also bring their own signature dishes to the festival.
Hours are 5-11 p.m., Friday, and 2:30-11 p.m., Saturday. Advance tickets are $5 per person and include both days. They can be purchased at Riverside Community Bank, Don Carter Lanes, Whitehead Realtors and Nicholson Hardware.
Don Carter Lanes is at 4007 E. State St.
Following is the musical lineup:
Friday, Aug. 12
5-8 p.m. — Roscoe
9-11 p.m. — X-51
Saturday, Aug. 13
2:30-3:30 p.m. — East High School Jazz Band
4:30-5:30 p.m. — East Lincoln Ave.
6:30-8:30 p.m. — Rubik Steel
9:30-11 p.m. — Stevee Nix
Each band has donated their time to assist with fund-raising for East High School.
Contact Miracle Mile Executive Director Jennifer Hall at (815) 975-0466 or Event Coordinator Dave Conroy at (815) 289-3089.
From the Aug. 10-16, 2011, issue