- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Saturday June Band at Klehm Aug. 14
Saturday June Band will play Klehm Arboretum’s Woodsong concert Sunday, Aug. 14. Gates open at 4 p.m. and show starts at 6 p.m. at Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden, 2715 S. Main St., Rockford.
Admission is $20 for adults and free for those younger than 16.
The Saturday June Band plays rock favorites from classic to contmeporary, and has performed at Navy Pier and Chicagofest.
Woodsong concerts are on the lawn in Klehm’s Fountain Garden, or indoors in poor weather conditions. Guest shuttle service to and from the parking lot is provided at no charge. Parking is free.
Tickets are available at www.klehm.org, by calling (815) 965-8146 or at the entrance.
From the Aug. 10-16, 2011, issue