- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Glory days of Harlem Amusement Park explored at Midway Village Aug. 13
Online Staff Report
The glory days of Harlem Amusement Park — the sights and sounds of the 1920s — will be featured beginning at 7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 13, at Midway Village Museum, 6799 Guilford Road.
Purchase tickets to play carnival-style games, be captivated by sideshow performances and the temptations of amusement park food you can’t resist — cotton candy, lemonade, hot dogs and brats.
The Mike Alongi Trio, the Bob Peterson Trio and other groups will provide a variety of musical entertainment and a lively backdrop to this interactive evening benefit.
Festivities are inside the Museum Center. Dress comfortably and be prepared to have fun. Musical entertainment will provide a lively backdrop to this interactive evening benefit.
Advance admission is $40 by Aug. 5; $45 at the door; and $300 group admission for groups of eight by Aug. 5.
Purchase event admission online, at the Museum Store, call (815) 397-9112 or purchase at the door.
Ten free tickets per person are provided toward food and games with admission price. More tickets for food and games available for purchase at the event. Proceeds from the event benefit the museum’s educational services to more than 30,000 children annually.
Call Jessica MacDonald at (815) 397-9112, ext. 104, or e-mail email@example.com for more details.