- TRRT Online Edition | May 6-12
- RRI: The Names frontman Dave Galluzzo
- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
Glory days of Harlem Amusement Park explored at Midway Village Aug. 13
Online Staff Report
The glory days of Harlem Amusement Park — the sights and sounds of the 1920s — will be featured beginning at 7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 13, at Midway Village Museum, 6799 Guilford Road.
Purchase tickets to play carnival-style games, be captivated by sideshow performances and the temptations of amusement park food you can’t resist — cotton candy, lemonade, hot dogs and brats.
The Mike Alongi Trio, the Bob Peterson Trio and other groups will provide a variety of musical entertainment and a lively backdrop to this interactive evening benefit.
Festivities are inside the Museum Center. Dress comfortably and be prepared to have fun. Musical entertainment will provide a lively backdrop to this interactive evening benefit.
Advance admission is $40 by Aug. 5; $45 at the door; and $300 group admission for groups of eight by Aug. 5.
Purchase event admission online, at the Museum Store, call (815) 397-9112 or purchase at the door.
Ten free tickets per person are provided toward food and games with admission price. More tickets for food and games available for purchase at the event. Proceeds from the event benefit the museum’s educational services to more than 30,000 children annually.
Call Jessica MacDonald at (815) 397-9112, ext. 104, or e-mail email@example.com for more details.