- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Aug. 17 Holistic Moms Network meeting explores probiotics
Online Staff Report
The Holistic Moms Network will hold its monthly meeting from 7 to 9 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 17, at JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., Rockford.
Topic of the meeting will be “Priobiotics: Separating Health from Hype.”
Local chiropractor Dr. John Edwards will discuss his special focus of treating expectant moms and children. His online health news program, “Guerilla Health Report,” won a Telly Award for Best Online Health News Program in 2011.
“Doc,” as he is known to his patients and friends, will be sharing information about probiotics that’s so new your pediatrician doesn’t even know about it. Learn the difference between probiotics that support your natural immune system and those that suppress it, the most important thing a newborn must be fed at birth, and how to naturally protect your kids from the immune system roller coaster caused by immunizations.
Open to the public, snacks will be served. Those attending are encouraged to bring their own mug for tea or water.
The Rockford Chapter of Holistic Moms Network is a support, education and social network for parents interested in green living, alternative health care, and gentle, responsive parenting. Meetings are held from 7 to 9 p.m., the third Wednesday of the month, at JustGoods.