- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Aug. 17 Holistic Moms Network meeting explores probiotics
Online Staff Report
The Holistic Moms Network will hold its monthly meeting from 7 to 9 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 17, at JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., Rockford.
Topic of the meeting will be “Priobiotics: Separating Health from Hype.”
Local chiropractor Dr. John Edwards will discuss his special focus of treating expectant moms and children. His online health news program, “Guerilla Health Report,” won a Telly Award for Best Online Health News Program in 2011.
“Doc,” as he is known to his patients and friends, will be sharing information about probiotics that’s so new your pediatrician doesn’t even know about it. Learn the difference between probiotics that support your natural immune system and those that suppress it, the most important thing a newborn must be fed at birth, and how to naturally protect your kids from the immune system roller coaster caused by immunizations.
Open to the public, snacks will be served. Those attending are encouraged to bring their own mug for tea or water.
The Rockford Chapter of Holistic Moms Network is a support, education and social network for parents interested in green living, alternative health care, and gentle, responsive parenting. Meetings are held from 7 to 9 p.m., the third Wednesday of the month, at JustGoods.